|AbsoluteTelnet/SSH Version History|
Changes made in version 3.85(Jul 9, 2005)
- Added ANSIBBS terminal type
- Allow remote control of screen size and position
- Added option to overwrite files if they already exist when receiving through x/y/zmodem.
- Uninstall returns windows default telnet client
- Allow forwarded ports to be bound to a particular interface
- Add option to allow middle button to paste data
- Add goto-url to the edit menu
- Add overstrike mode to the display to adjust the thickness of the font.
- Change how resizing is done in fixed_size mode. Don't force aspect ratio. Allow font to be resized in the x and y dimensions.
- Fix parsing of hex characters (\xff) in keymaps
- Fix local echo and CR mapping
- Begin port for Pocket PC
Changes made in version 3.80(Mar 8, 2005)
- Improved performance for X11 forwarding
- Fixed version notification
- Add option to disable telnet protocol (for telnet to non-telnet ports)
- New serial line control is more compatible with Cisco products
- Properly print to the default printer when requested
- Add option for select=copy
- Add option for middlebutton=paste
- Fixed crash when empty banner message is sent from ssh host
- Fixed crash at trial expiration screen
- Fixed crash when no modem is installed and you go to the dialup page
- Properly display SSH port in the info-tip
Changes made in version 3.63(January 1, 2005)
- Implemented xterm 256 color support
- enhanced 16-color support
- enhanced compatibility with FSecure servers
- New installer (inno setup)
- New context menu in edit controls
- New keyboard shortcuts
- Implemented a number of fixes for backward compatibility to Win9X
Changes made in version 3.50(October 29, 2004)
- Enhanced international character set support across all versions of Windows through the implementation of Unicode and MSLU (Microsoft Layer for Unicode)
- Enhanced to work better with non-standard Windows DPI settings (Large Fonts)
- Numerous UI enhancements
- Optimized buffer management for increased throughput
- Increased support for IDNA (International Domain Names for Applications) everywhere domain names are used, including port forwarding and proxy hosts.
- Fixed a memory leak in 3.13
- Fixed some long standing emulation problems
- Added host key checking as a security feature at login.
- Fixed some situations where program was crashing.
Changes made in version 3.13(Apr 15, 2004)
- Added International Domain Name support (IDNA). Check out Verisign for more info
- Added ssh-break command to SSH2 to support break signals across an SSH connection (ctrl-break key activates it))
- Fixed several small bugs introduced in 3.11
Changes made in version 3.11(Apr 10, 2004)
- Added "keyboard-interactive" authentication type to SSH2
- Fixed bug with RSA keys that have a passphrase
- Fixed install for Windows 2003 server
- Fixed cursor blink problem
- Turned off key re-exchange by default. It was causing problems with older versions of OpenSSH server.
- Instead of always launching a new app, the MRU list now loads the selected session into the current app if a connection is not currently active.
- Fixed compatibility problem with Really REALLY old servers
- Added user selection of cursor shape, blink, and color
- Fixed text attributes of inserted characters (shows in pine)
- Fixed bold text
- Faster, more robust
- Fixed problem with excessive page faults in version 3.00
- Large amount of throughput no longer consumes excessive memory
- When started with a telnet: URL, the app will not prompt to store config files.
- Modified Horizontal scrollbar to allow terminal widths of virtually unlimited size
- show proper directory in file sends and receives.
- Fixed spacing problems when printing
- Implement separate font sizes for screen and printer
- Fixed problem where switching to 'fixed' screen size would not communicate size to host when screen size is changed at the same time.
- Adjusted some element widths in dialog boxes
- Fixed Winsock errors that occur when you disconnect while network activity is in progress (usually when port forwarding is in use)
Changes made in version 3.00(January 1, 2004)
- Flicker-free display and enhanced stability in SSH
- Manual entry of license keys
- Added Option->Find feature
- Fixed disappearing Cursor