|AbsoluteTelnet/SSH Version History|
Page 8 of 10
Changes made in version 2.13(July 15, 2003)
- Added password authentication to socks proxy
- Added socks support to SSH1 connections
- Enhanced support for 8-bit input data
- Added better support for Microsoft IME and multinational keyboard input
- Added 'global' default settings (see Options->Properties->Global)
- Enhancements to work better with VMS
- Added support for ssh.com style private keys
- Fixed bug with encrypted private keys introduced in 2.12
- 'Remember Position' now remembers maximized state
- Fixed xterm function keys
- Fixed SSH2 stuttering problem
- Fixed serial communication with some USB/Serial adapters
- EMacs-meta key now only applies to left-alt, as right-alt is interpreted as alt-gr on international keyboards
Changes made in version 2.12(Feb 28, 2003)
- Main window title text now supports unicode strings
- Fixed title bar text for Win9x versions
- Plaintext passwords now scrubbed from memory
- Fixed bug where the CR-CR/LF toggle reverts to its default state
- Pace the pastes a little bit to try to avoid losing data
- Now includes RSA host key recognition
- Correctly decode some malformed telnet URL syntax
- Added decode of user:pass portion of telnet URL syntax
- Added ssh, ssh1, and ssh2 URL syntax decoding (similar to (telnet://) syntax
- Convert hyphen to ASCII minus. (only for display)
- Detect UTF8 encoded data and suggest translation settings to the user.
- Added Options->Reset Terminal function
- Added Twofish128-cbc encryption algorithm to SSH2
- Added AES128-cbc encryption algorithm to SSH2
- Add option to include delay when pasting data (Options->Properties->Transfer)
- Add option to write log in 'cooked' mode where control sequences are processed (Options->Properties->Global)
Changes made in version 2.11(Dec 30, 2002)
- Support for various Windows version of charsets in translation settings.
- Fixed crash on receipt of malformed telnet option
- Completed SSH2 key generation
- Character translation corrected for CP437 mode with CP437-only fonts.
- More robust font resizing when maximized and terminal is fixed size.
- Updated passthru printing to work with Win-printers
- Passthru printing now supports charset translation.
Changes made in version 2.00(Nov 4, 2002)
- Added 'direct to printer' setting for passthru printing
- Increased compatibility with SSH Communications server implementation
- Better compatibility with multi-monitor system.
- Fixed the gap to the right and bottom of the screen when maximized.
- Added support for UNICODE and multinational character set translations including several Russian, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean encodings in addition to all of the ISO-8859 encodings and UTF8
- Added e-macs compatibility mode that allows the alt key to act as the e-macs meta key.
- Ctrl-space now sends a null character (for emacs)
- Added keyboard re-mapping to allow complete remapping of any key combination!!! (a frequently requested feature)
- Added QNX emulation
- Added SCO-ANSI emulation
- Added a counter to the X11 forwarding info dialog under SSH2
- Fixed some double-wide/double-high font display problems
- Disable keepalives by default. Keepalives were *causing* problems in some cases. They're still there, if needed but will need to be enabled by the user.
- Fixed a screen refresh bug where screen would not refresh after returning to normal video after reverse video.
- Fixed a bug that was causing print screen to fail with some bad printer drivers
- Fixed a pasting problem in 'telnet' connections where some data would be lost in the paste
- Fixed support for passthru printing
- Fixed SCOANSI linedraw mode (RC27)
- Ignore some more escape sequences from SCOANSI mode (RC28)
- Paste now follows CR mapping rules (RC28)
- Fixed spacing of unicode characters defined as being 'ambiguous' in width. They sometimes appear full width and sometimes half, depending on the context in which they are used. (RC29)
- Fixed copy/paste (RC30)
- Fixed file/open bug (RC35)
- Fully disable zlib compression library when compression level set to 'NONE'
- Removed debug messages from File->Copy function.
- Added native support for many of the charset translations without requiring OS support
- Fixed blinking text on fast updating screens. (RC40)
- Brighten up the ansi colors a bit (RC41)