|AbsoluteTelnet/SSH Version History|
Changes made in version 1.84(Mar 28, 2002)
- Fixed tty modes with BSDi host.
- Fixed some focus and dialog initialization problems in the properties dialogs that have been bugging me for some time.
- Fixed tabbing problems in global dialog
- Added references to Online Support Forums in 'Help' menu and in the uninstall dialog
- Changed 'Close on Disconnect' behavior so it is slightly less agressive about closing. Now, close on disconnect requires that a full connection be established and data is flowing in both directions before the app will even attempt to close when a disconnect is detected. This will alleviate the problem of the app closing immediately when a connection is terminated immediately after connecting.
Changes made in version 1.83(Feb 23, 2002)
- Some modifications to work with SCO OpenServer
- Fixed a Major emulation bug
Changes made in version 1.82(Feb 21, 2002)
- Fixed output flow control that was causing "Would Block" errors under SSH2 on Windows9X machines
- Fixed xmodem and ymodem receives on all platforms
- Fixed zmodem incorrectly reporting errors when non occurred
- Added a configurable download directory
Changes made in version 1.81(Feb 12, 2002)
- Added "Remember Position" flag.
- Added option to change the way the program starts
- Added Keepalives(SSH1, SSH2, and Telnet)
- Added Public Key authentication for SSH2
- Fixed ZModem under SSH2.
- Fixed COM Port disconnection when break detected
- Fixed XTerm delete key
- Fixed ANSI function keys
- Fixed SSH1 and SSH2 to allow auto login via RSA
- Fixed some double-height/wide font problems.
Changes made in version 1.80(Nov 28, 2001)
- Fixed SSh2 bug that caused unwanted interractions with other windows
Changes made in version 1.78(Nov 09, 2001)
- support for XTERM window title change
- change some application settings to per-user settings. This is particularly important for multi-user machines or Windows "Terminal Sever"
- Better tab handling
- Username/password saving and automatic login for SSH1 and SSH2.
- Option to print in color or Black/White
- Enhanced indicators in GUI
- Fixed 'transparent' window background.
Changes made in version 1.77(Sep 16, 2001)
- XTerm mouse capability
- Improved function key settings
- Multiple terminal types
- Improved xterm emulation,including pgup,pgdn,home,end,insert keys
- Some support for middle mouse button
- default username for SSH auth
- Wheel mouse support
- Save the username in SSH1 and SSH2 connections
- Fix a screen resize problem when program is maximized.
- Added a "Buy Now" button to the toolbar
- Correctly echo pasted data when "local echo" is enabled.
- Improved handling of the keypad
- Fixed a scenario that caused SSH2 sessions to lock up the terminal
Changes made in version 1.75(July 20, 2001)
- Added SSH1 and SSH2 port forwarding
- X11 forwarding for SSH1 and SSH2
- Better SSH server version incompatibility detection
- Socks5 for SSH2 and Telnet
- Improved error handling in Telnet protocol
- No longer dependent on Winsock 2
- New common dialogs for file open/close on ME and 2000
- SSH Info dialog under SSH2 protocol
- Fix for various disconnect errors in SSH2
- Better support for more SSH server vendors
- Collect Auth data before connection is established
Changes made in version 1.74 (Jun. 01, 2001)
- Added more ANSI escape sequences
- More precise ANSI coloring and IBM graphics characters when using the 'TERMINAL' font. Check here for some samples
- Autodetect ANSI terminal mode and set some basic ANSI defaults for color, font, and screen size
- Fixed the parsing of the telnet://host:port URL syntax
- Send CR/LF pair by default, and make it a user configurable option.
- changed default foreground/background to white/black
- Fix for backspacing when local echo is enabled
- Fixed telnet option negotiation bug that may cause excessive communication with the host and munch processor time.
- Fixed bug with SSH Port number that limited values to 0-255.
- Fixed some focus problems in the connection property sheet
- REMOVED THE ADVERTISING and reconfigured the trial period code.
- Correct implementation of BREAK in serial connections
- Corrected File->New Window functionality for AbsoluteTelnet
- New license key mechanism that does not require a new key when you upgrade the OS or get a new machine!! YAAAYYYY!!!
- Added SSH2 for improved security over SSH1.
Changes made in version 1.732 (Feb. 28, 2001)
- Added more escape sequences for additional ANSI compatibility
Changes made in version 1.731 (Feb. 23, 2001)
- Fixed SSH under NT
- Fixed SSH double-space pasting problem
- Add configurable option to enable/disable the setting of the host's "DISPLAY" environment variable under telnet.
- Fixed interpretation of 8-bit escape characters
- Fixed improper shutdown of SSH that may cause abnormal program termination when disconnecting from SSH
- Implemented VT keypad
Changes made in version 1.73 (Jan 30, 2001)
- Fixed terminal size problem with some UNIX platforms
- Added a few VT emulation control sequences
- Fixed SSH buffer problem
- No longer requires administrator to install on NT
Changes made in version 1.72 (Jan 17, 2001)
- Fixed Ctrl-C problem introduced in 1.70.
Changes made in version 1.70 (Jan 1, 2001)
- Added SSH!!! Finally!
- Fixed Ctrl-Break problem in telnet
Changes made in version 1.63 (June 8, 2000)
- Fixed "save as" bug introduced in 1.62
- Other small GUI enhancements and features
- Fixed exceptions in file transfer
Changes made in version 1.62 (May 10, 2000)
- Added xmodem, ymodem and zmodem file transfer
- Handy "New Window" feature to open additional window to current host
- Drag/Drop file send
- More accurate line drawing in linedraw mode using any font!!
- Added option for fixed size screens
Changes made in version 1.61 (March 8, 2000)
- Added raw COM port connections
- Added Passthru Printing
- Made some minor interface enhancements
- Report connection speed on TAPI connections
- Added LOCAL ECHO to terminal options
- Added Session Logging to "File" menu
Changes made in version 1.60
- Added new VT escape sequences
Changes made in version 1.58 (December 28, 1999)
- Fixed text attribute/color bug introduced in 1.56
Changes made in version 1.57
- Fixed cursor bug introduced in 1.56
Changes made in version 1.56 (December 2, 1999)
- Horizontal Scrollbar
- Support for E-Registration
- Support for Site Licenses
- Fix jittery about box
Changes made in version 1.54 (October 6, 1999)
- Fix to enumerate all printers
- Added Copy/Paste combined option
- Added "Always on top" option
Changes made in version 1.53
- Address changed for new headquarters.
Changes made in version 1.52 (September 3, 1999)
- Installation bug fixed.
Changes made in version 1.50
- Long filenames in title bar
- Numerous VT100 enhancements
- Command line execution ('start CSTelnet ')
- Added InfoTips. (Pass your mouse over a CSTelnet connection file to see one)
- ANSI Emulation
- ANSI Color
- VT52 Emulation
- Configurable behavior through Global properties tab
- Different icons for Telnet and Telephony .tnt files
- True Double High and Double Wide characters with any font
- Enhanced screen drawing routines
- New Help File
- Store selected dialup line and line configuration in connection file
- More context sensitive help in property sheets
- Window sizing in Windows 98 fixed
- Enhanced window sizing routines
- TAPI MessageBoxes display on top of main window
- X DISPLAY location negotiation
- Make CSTelnet the default system telnet
- Release Candidate (RC) program
- Version Checking fixed
- Faster connection using IP Address
Changes made in version 1.40 (November 5, 1998)
- Introduce CSPing in Windows' context menu
- Fixed Windows common controls bug introduced by Visual C++ 6.0
- Automatic version checking introduced
- Added application default color settings
- Sample Text displayed correctly
- Scrollback synchronization fix for dialup
- NT Screen minimize bug fixed (single column screen size)
- Implemented HTML Help help system
- Start application in default location specified by Windows
- Fix File/Open File/New menu options
- More context sensitive help in dialogs
- Resize and Reshape dialogs for uniformity
- New generic object in about box
- Some generic dialup modifications
- Emulation enhancements to support more platforms
Changes made in version 1.30
- Intermediate unreleased Alpha version
- Begin using Visual C++ 6.0 and introduced a bug with older versions of Windows common controls.
Changes made in version 1.20
- Scrollbar/Scrollback synchronization options
- Property dialog improvements
- NT TAPI dialup fixed
- Title bar format adjusted
- Real BLINKING TEXT implemented
- VT100 corrections (IBM)
- Registration enhancements
- toolbar and menu semantics altered
Changes made in version 1.00 - 1.10
- Windows Telephony Dialup
- Automatic upgrade detection
- Bold Font width problem fixed
- Self extracting install EXE
- Secure Licensing
- Dialog improvements
- Increased throughput. (4-5 times faster than .57)
- status bar active/inactive checkbox
- Screen width no longer limited to 150 columns
- Color scheme cycling
- tool bar active/inactive checkbox
- scroll bar active/inactive checkbox
- improved scrollback handling
- new proportional scrollbar
- File open dialog defaults to last used directory
- leave out debug property sheet when built for release.
- Font dialog defaults to current pointsize